Waukesha County Technical College gearing up for fall open house on Thursday, Oct. 27
PEWAUKEE, Wis. (Monday, Oct. 17, 2022) -- Waukesha County Technical College is excited to welcome guests to the main Pewaukee campus for its expanded fall open house set for Thursday, Oct. 27, from 3 to 7 p.m.
The event is designed to share with potential students and their families details about the College and its more than 170-plus areas of study, including associate degrees, technical diplomas and apprenticeship programs.
WCTC staff will be on hand to share information about expanding dual enrollment opportunities, including the Excelerate initiative, which officially began in August, and allows qualified, current high school juniors and seniors ages 16 and older to apply to a full College program -- just like any other student.
Guests will also learn about the new liberal arts transfer degree programs -- Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) -- that ill begin being offered in January. The AA and AS programs, offered in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, will allow students to seamlessly transfer to UWM to earn a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
Open house guests can stop by at any time during the four-hour event to:
- Tour state-of-the-art training labs and facilities, as well as departments within the College Center.
- Participate in hands-on, interactive activities and view industry-specific projects.
- Make connections with WCTC instructors and staff.
- Talk with representatives from Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Advising and other areas.
- Get an up-close and personal look at specific programs of study.
‘We are excited to be having open house again this year. Highlighting the hands-on education students will receive at WCTC is what our open house is all about. Students and their support system will leave with everything they need to know about how their success story starts here,” said John McGreal, WCTC’s dean of Enrollment Services.
The event will feature multiple 25-minute breakout sessions. Guests will be able to hear from student panelists about their WCTC experiences; talk with experts about how to navigate the admissions and financial aid process, discover resources for student success and engage in career exploration; explore the many dual enrollment opportunities; and learn more about the new Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees.
Sessions starting on the half-hour, include:
· Nontraditional Student Panel -- 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
· Traditional Student Panel – 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
· Supporting Your Academic Success – 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
· Admissions and Financial Aid – 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Events starting on the hour, include:
· Liberal Arts Transfer Degrees – 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
· High School Dual Credit – 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
· Career Connections – 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
· Student Support Services – 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Open house participants will receive a $30 voucher to waive their WCTC application fee along with a coupon good for 20 percent of select items at the WCTC Bookstore. Additionally, the College will be awarding five $300 scholarships to randomly selected open house participants who fill out and turn in their application by Nov. 3. The recipients will be announced on Nov. 7.
The event will be held at WCTC’s main campus, 800 Main Street, Pewaukee; the main check-in area will be in the Anthony J. Natalizio Center in Building S.
To register, visit www.wctc.edu/open-house, or for more information, call our outreach/recruitment office at 262.691.5129.
Waukesha County Technical College, the leader in workforce development, prepares learners for success within the region and global economy. The College offers more than 170 areas of study including associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and short-term certificate programs. Customized training for employers is also available. To learn more, visit www.wctc.edu.