Waukesha County Technical College open house planned for Thursday, April 21
Event to feature tours, info sessions and chance for scholarships
PEWAUKEE, Wis. (Tuesday, April 5, 2021) – Waukesha County Technical College is excited to welcome guests to the main Pewaukee campus for its expanded spring open house set for Thursday, April 21, from 3 to 7 p.m.
The event is designed to share with potential students and their families details about the College and its more than 150-plus areas of study, including associate degrees, technical diplomas and apprenticeship programs. Additionally, WCTC staff will be on hand to share information about expanding dual enrollment opportunities, including the new Excelerate initiative, which allows qualified, current high school juniors and seniors ages 16 and older to apply to a full College program -- just like any other student.
Open house guests can stop by at any time during the four-hour event to:
- Tour state-of-the-art training labs and facilities, as well as departments within the College Center.
- Participate in hands-on, interactive activities and view industry-specific projects.
- Make connections with WCTC instructors and staff.
- Talk with representatives from Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Advising and other areas.
- Get an up-close and personal look at specific programs of study.
“We know that students learn the best when they have the chance to get hands-on with their instruction, and the open house will give visitors the opportunity to see and feel what a high-quality, hands-on WCTC education can do for them,” said John McGreal, WCTC’s dean of Enrollment Services.
The event will feature two optional presentations beginning on the hour and half-hour:
- At 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Guests will learn about admissions – from the application stage to becoming an admitted student – as well as the financial aid process, including types of aid, eligibility requirements and how to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- At 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Guests will discover the many student support and academic resources available on campus, along with the numerous types of dual enrollment options students can use to maximize credits, save money and even graduate from college in an earlier timeframe.
Open house participants will receive a $30 voucher to waive their WCTC application fee along with a coupon good for 20 percent off select items at the WCTC Bookstore. Additionally, the College will be awarding five $300 scholarships to randomly selected open house participants who fill out and turn in their application by April 28, 2022.
The event will be held at WCTC’s main campus, 800 Main Street, Pewaukee; the main check-in area will be in the Anthony J. Natalizio Center in Building S.
To register, visit www.wctc.edu/open-house, or for more information, call our outreach/recruitment office at 262.691.5129.
Waukesha County Technical College, the leader in workforce development, prepares learners for success within the region and global economy. The College offers more than 150 areas of study including associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and short-term certificate programs. Customized training for employers is also available. To learn more, visit www.wctc.edu.