Waukesha County Technical College to offer virtual open house Thursday, Dec. 3, 4-7 p.m.
PEWAUKEE, Wis. (Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2020) – Normally, this time of year, Waukesha County Technical College would be gearing up to welcome around 1,000 prospective students, parents and family members to its main campus to showcase all that the College has to offer.
But because of the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and WCTC’s commitment to keeping visitors, staff and faculty safe, the College is has opted to host its first-ever virtual open house --set for Thursday, Dec. 3 from 4-7 p.m. -- in place of a traditional, in-person event.
The virtual open house will allow participants to:
- Discover more details about the more than 100 associate degree, diploma and apprenticeship programs.
- Join breakout sessions designed for specific program areas. (These will be held at staggered times so potential students can participate in sessions in more than one area.
- Talk online with program faculty and student services staff.
- Hear from representatives from Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Advising, Early College Opportunities (for those interested in earning both high school and college credit) and others who will address participants’ questions
- Become acquainted with the campus by participating in a comprehensive, narrated, virtual tour that offers a glimpse into programs, high-tech classrooms and labs, and the many services and resources available at WCTC.
Additionally, through June 30, 2021, WCTC will be waiving the $30 application fee.
To register for the Dec. 3 open house, visit www.wctc.edu/open-house, or for more information, call our outreach office at 262.691.5129. Please note: The platform used for the virtual open house is not compatible with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Please use a different browser to attend this event.
Waukesha County Technical College, the leader in workforce development, prepares learners for success within the region and global economy. The College offers more than 150 areas of study including associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and short-term certificate programs. Customized training for employers is also available. To learn more, visit www.wctc.edu